Oprah Winfrey’s new TV network is not doing so well, but she’s still the highest earning celebrity on the planet. And for good measure, for the fourth consecutive year.
Her ownership of syndicated TV shows like “Dr. Phil,” “Rachael Ray,” “The Dr. Oz Show” helped her to earn USD165 million in the one year period starting May 2011.
The rest of the list, all top order, crowd control stanchions surely needed to handle the mass of humanity jostling to purchase any of their newly released products:
- Michael Bay, movie director, USD160 million: he participated in ticket & toy sales of his movie “Transformers: Dark of the Moon”.
- Steven Spielberg, movie director, USD130 million: participation in TV shows like “Smash” and movies “The Adventures of Tintin” and “War Horse.”
- Jerry Bruckheimer, movie director, USD115 million: participation in TV shows and movies like “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides”
- Dr. Dre, music producer, USD110 million: mostly made from sale of his partial stake in the headphone company Beats by Dr. Dre.
- Tyler Perry, Actor and producer, USD105 million
- Howard Stern, Radio and TV personality, USD95 million
- James Patterson, Author, USD94 million
- George Lucas, Movie producer, USD90 million
- Simon Cowell, Music producer & TV personality, USD90 million
The Star, 28 Aug 2012